- 18 inch doll clothes
- American Girl Dolls
- Animals / Pets
- Arianna's Book Review
- Girl's Decor
- latest craze with our tween fans
- My Pink Planet Contest / Giveaways
- My Pink Planet Coupons
- New Products
- Product Review
- Promotions – My Pink Planet
- Real American Girls
- Real American Girls Birthdays
- Wordless Wednesday
Archive for the ‘Crafts’ Category
Liz at American Girl Fan has come up with this fabulous and easy concept in creating these adorable brownies for your 18 inch doll. Visit American Girl Fan for easy instructions!
Visit AGPlaythings website so you can download and print your FREE Authentic American Girl Doll pattern.
They offer six different patterns for Addy, Samantha, Felicity, Molly, Josefina and Kirsten.
Thanks to My Ag Doll Craft who posted this adorable skis and pole tutorial to make for your 18 inch doll. Click on the link for detailed instructions. Will make a great gift for your 18″ doll this holiday season.
I came across American girl doll craft corner and found this adorable template to make a wii game with remote for your 18″ doll. Have fun!
Here’s a cool video by an adorable young girl her voice is just precious! on how to make a washer and dryer for your doll. She claims is for a 12 inch doll but you can adjust the measurements to fit your 18 inch doll.
This Farmhouse doll bed is simply adorable. Visit Ana-White.com where she shares a detail plan on how to construct this beautiful bed for your 18 inch doll..
You can make this adorable fleece hat for your American Girl Doll. Find your favorite fleece fabric print and custom away. For directions to get started on this fun craft visit Making Friends and why not make a matching hat for yourself.
Here’s a fun craft idea of Martha Stewart. No sew apron, Have young crafters attach designs made of washable felt and rickrack to kid-size canvas aprons with fabric glue. An ornament doubles as a pocket (glue bottom and sides), the perfect place to stash a cookie for on-the-job nibbling. Hey girls, these will make a cute gift for moms in mommy’s size.
Birthday wish to American Girl Kaya! Here’s some fun games and craft and for Kaya.
I came across this video tutorial and what a great mommy and me project for a rainy day.
This is truly adorable! What a fun project to make with your daughter. I think these are cute gifts for your BFF. I came across this beautiful project on OneCharmingParty
1. Using a metal skewer, pierce one side of the gumball. Hold the top of the gumball steady as you guide the skewer (see photo). This will prevent the skewer from slipping off the slick surface of the gumball.
2. Flip the gumball over and pierce another hole directly opposite to the first hole. If you try to poke a hole straight through both sides at once, the gumball will crack.
3. The hardest part is stringing the ribbon. Use a large needle to thread the ribbon through the gumballs. Thinner ribbon is easier to string. Tie a knot between each gumball as you string it.
Tip: Look for bags of single colored gumballs at your local party supply store.
With the new Harry Potter movie coming to theatre soon I find it bittersweet. We all watched Harry Potter, Hermione and Ron blossomed into adults. Although, I can’t wait to see the final film it saddens me that it will be the last movie. In my travels I came across a fun craft Harry Potter Wand with step by step instructions and a Harry Potter game. Enjoy!
For me the best gifts are the handmade ones from my daughter. I treasure them and display them proudly. Here are some cool HANDMADE gift ideas that your mom will appreciate. Gifts from the heart are always the best!
Mother’s Day Newspaper – How sweet to bring your Mom great news to read on Mother’s day with your customized newspaper. Martha Stewart supplies clip art. made by printing and filling in our clip art.
Photo-Transfer Tote Bag – A wonderful lasting treasure gift and practical for Mom.
Mom I love you because…. Tote Bag – Another lasting treasure gift!
Dreamy Eye Mask – A fun spa gift
Mom Rules Clip Art - Here are some fun clip arts to create cards, tags, boxes and more!
Blossoming Brooch Pin – These are great and fashionable with the current fabric flowers on clothes.
Coupon Book for Mom - A great way to set up dates and and outings with your Mom.
Stamped Paper or Cloth Tablecloth - I love this! Personalized tablecloth, be creative use your own rubber stamp theme. Not only will you creative a conversation piece but it will be a lasting (cloth) treasure.
I love these scrappy eggs! What a fun project and a beautiful display. Natalie from Johnny in a dress shares her creative Easter egg decoration. Simply using paper mache eggs can be found in your local craft store.
Glue scraps of small pieces of fabric with a hot glue gun, repeatedly until the egg is covered completely. How about an overlay mixed patterns for a more dramatic effect. viola!
Hey girls, here is a fun craft , bright and festive rainbow birds. These are great for a room decor, gift packaging or even a birthday party decoration.
Girls, never forget your precious moments and adventure with these fabulous colorful and vibrant diaries.
While visiting Susan Kramer’s website, I found she offers many patterns that she created herself. Visit her page to get details on how to create a ballet or dance costume for your American Girl® or other 18 inch doll. At Susan’s site you will find free patterns for other dolls such as Bitty Baby®, Magic Attic®, Raggedy Ann® and much more. Susan also offers an Ebook of 18 inch doll clothes patterns that can be purchased for $5.00. Think of the cool clothes that you can create for your 18 inch doll with your fashion flair!
Make a heart felt friendship card for lasting memories your BFF will treasure.
1. Choose a card from the Colorful Cards & Envelopes packet. Turn it so the fold is along the left side. Cut the right side of the card so the front is ½ inch smaller than the back.
2. Use the Star Border Punch along one edge of a piece of white card stock. Glue the card stock to the inside of the front flap of your card. Cut off the star border to fit the size of the card.
3. Pick a piece of paper from the Sparkly Paper Pad. Cut a strip measuring ¼ inch wide. Glue it to the outside of the card, next to the star border. From another piece of paper, cut a strip ¼ inch wide using the zig-zag scissors. Glue it to the top of the previous strip. Cut off these paper strips to fit the size of the card.
4. Peel the butterfly from the Doll Spinner Stacked Stickers. Press it firmly near the top right side of your card.
5. Find the “True-blue Friends” sticker in the Friendship Stacked Stickers. Peel off the backing, and press the sticker firmly to the center of your card.
6. Inside the card, write a poem or a special note to your friend!
Tip: Use your extra stickers and supplies to make even more cards and crafts!
Additional Ideas: Choose a paper from the Sparkly Paper Pad. Trace the shape of the envelope’s flap on that paper. Cut out the shape, and glue it to the inside of the envelope’s flap.
*** You don’t necessarily need to purchase their supplies. Perhaps you have your own scrapbooking paper supply.
For more card craft ideas visit American Girl Crafts
I came across this great craft on how to make boots for your 18 inch doll or American Girl doll. It was submitted to a site by a very talented young girl name Celine.
What you need:
- 10X12 piece of faux fur, your choice of color
- at least 3 1/2 by 3 1/2 leather piece for boot sole
- sewing scissors
- thread, color your choice
- sewing machine (optional)
- hot glue
- Fold fabric along the 12 side side, furry side up.
- Pin pattern onto fabric with the back of the boot along the fold.
- Cut out the boot fabric.
- Sew boot, starting at the star, along seam A until you get to the toe. Sew up B until you get to the notch.
- Inside out the boot so the fur is on the inside.
- At the top, fold over about one inch of fabric. This is the cuff.
- Handstitch the bottom of the cuff to the boot.
- Trace your doll’s feet onto paper.
- Use that as a pattern to cut out the leather boot soles.
- Cut out the leather and use hot glue to apply the leather piece to the bottom of the boot.
We would love to see your creation, email us a pic
- Empty Valentine Candy Box (about 6″)
- Low Temp Glue Gun
- 15″ scrap of fabric (fleece will work the best since it is stretchy, the ends don’t fray and it is thick enough to cover without seeing through)
- 12″ of Cotton Batting
- Red vinyl tape
- Four pipe cleaners
- Tacky tacky glue ( Arianna and I swear on Fabric Tac we find that it works best for most projects)
Some boxes will work better than others. The box we used had plastic molded edges that fit nicely together. Boxes with cardboard edges will not work as well.
With the box closed, put a piece or red tape along one edge. This should work like a hinge so the box opens sideways.
Lay box on batting and trace around the outside. Do this two times and cut out both pieces. Lay box on the wrong side of the fabric and trace around. Remove the box, and draw another line 1/4″ around the outside of the line. Cut out on the outer line. Do this again so you have two pieces. Cut two pieces of fleece 1″ by 9″ for the straps
Glue batting to the box top and box bottom with a thin coat of tacky glue. Center fleece on top and glue in place, folding edges around the lip of the box and hot gluing. On the side that will be the back, glue straps to the inside of the box lip. See photo at right for positioning. Glue pipe cleaners around the box lip on both sides to hide excess glue and raw edges.
Thanks to Making friends for sharing this great craft. Girls share your creations, email us your photo of completed backpack. Happy crafting!
Did you know that Chinese New Year is the longest and most important celebration in the Chinese calendar? Chinese year 4709 begins on Feb. 3, 2011, new year festivities traditionally start on the first day of the month and continue until the fifteenth, when the moon is brightest. In China, people may take weeks of holiday from work to clean their home thoroughly fro top to bottom. It is believe doing so, will ward off any bad luck in the future and rid of any bad luck from the previous year. The cleaning must be completed by New Year’s eve and ready to receive good luck in the coming year.
Chinese New Year is a time for family, many travel a distance to unite, serving big dinners and celebrate with their family. Giving good luck gifts is another tradition. Adults hand out to children little red envelopes “hong bao” filled with money. This symbolizes wealth and prosperity for the coming year. Colors of Luck is Red and Gold and it is taboo to wear black and white during the holiday.
It is believe in China, Buddha asked all the animals to meet him on Chinese New Year. Twelve animals came, and Buddha named a year after each one. He announced that the people born in each animal’s year would have some of that animal’s personality. This year is the year of the rabbit, according to Buddha those born in rabbit years are popular, compassionate, and sincere.
Use pictures from online of your favorite videos and TV shows to make this TV and accessories for 18″ doll.
Kids Craft glue
- Paint Pens or Markers
Styrofoam Packing Scraps Purple, Neon Green, Pink and Yellow craft foam
Instructions for Making the TV:
Ask an adult to cut a chunk of Styrofoam with a serrated knife. You can make the TV almost any size. Ours is 3″ x 3″ x 5-1/2″. Carefully measure and cut purple craft foam to fit on all sides but the front. Glue in place. Cut a piece of neon green for the front with an opening for a picture. Go to your favorite celebrity web site and print a picture for your TV screen. Trim it down and glue to the back of the craft foam piece. Glue to Styrofoam. Let dry. Decorate with punch outs and draw on a design.
Instructions for Making the VCR:
Ask an adult to cut a chunk of Styrofoam with a serrated knife. Our VCR measures is 1″ x 2″ x 3″. Carefully measure and cut pink craft foam to fit on all sides but the front. Glue in place. Cut a piece of yellow for the front. Glue to Styrofoam. Let dry. Decorate with punch outs and foam scraps and draw on a design.
Instructions for Making the Videos:
Go to Blockbuster.com and print out your favorite video covers. Trim the pictures down. Ask an adult to cut pieces of Styrofoam with a serrated knife to fit the pictures. Color the Styrofoam black on all sides but the front. Glue on the covers.
I came across this cool cupcake bouquet from Amazing Moms and just knew I had to share it with you. This would be great for birthday parties, valentine gift, a yummy gift for mom on her birthday or Mother’s day!
- 18 – 24 cupcakes (not frosted, in any flavor your choose)
- flower pot for a 4″ or 6″ plant
- foam ball to fit snuggly into your flower pot
- marbles (used for weight in aquariums or floral arranging)
- wooden sticks 6″ – 8″ long (small dowel rods, or sticks for caramel apples work well)
- pink food coloring
- brown food color
- 4 cups decorator icing
- Wilton #1M decorating tip
- Wilton #32 decorating tip
- 2 pastry bags
- 1 square pink or yellow tissue paper
- Wilton Yellow Pleated Baking Cups (to make the sunflowers)
- floral tape (optional)
1. Pour the marbles into the bottom of the flower pot to add weight and create a stable base for the cupcake bouquet.
2. Cut the bottom off of the foam ball, and insert the top into the flower pot, round side up. The ball should fit tightly; if it doesn’t, you may want to tape it down with some floral tape to keep it stable when you add the cupcakes. The ball MUST be stable so it doesn’t come loose and dump your cupcake bouquet!
3. Cover the ball with a square of pink or yellow tissue paper to hide it, tucking edges of the tissue paper between the ball and the pot.
4. Color 2 cups of your decorator icing pink with the pink food coloring.
5. Color 2 cups of your decorator icing brown with the brown food coloring (or alternately, you can use chocolate frosting).
6. Fill a pastry bag with the pink icing and attach the Wilton #1 decorating tip (or a similar tip) to create rose cupcakes.
7. Decorate half of your cupcakes with the pink icing in a rose petal pattern: using your Wilton #1 decorating tip, squeeze the pink icing in a circular motion from the inside out on the top of the cupcake (see photo).
8. Fill a pastry bag with the brown icing and attach the Wilton #32 decorator tip (or similar tip) to decorate the other half of your cupcakes to look like the seeds in the center of sunflowers.
9. Make the sunflower center: put the tip straight down on top of the cupcake, squeeze and lift up to create a little star. Repeat to fill the top of the cupcake with little stars that look like sunflower seeds. Then slip the cupcakes into the yellow pleated cupcake wraps to complete the sunflower look (see photo).
10. Assemble the cupcake bouquet by insert one wooden stick into the top of the Styrofoam ball. Push the stick into the Styrofoam until it holds firm. Then push a cupcake gently (and carefully) onto the top of the stick. You may want to use the tip of a sharp knife to pierce the cupcake wrapper in the center of the bottom of the cupcake, before you pierce it with the stick.
11. Start inserting more sticks and topping them with cupcake flowers. Be very careful balance the weight as you go by keeping the number of cupcakes on each side of the flower pot as even as possible. If the cupcake bouquet gets too heavy on one side, it might tip over. Keep inserting cupcakes, alternating sides, roses and sunflowers, until the cupcake bouquet is as full all the way around.
Amazing Mom’s Tips
Add floral greenery between the cupcakes to help fill in space if you use fewer cupcakes.
Place the cupcakes closer together or further apart, depending on how many cupcakes you need for your party.
I love this ice cream cone made of colorful clay. Imagine what other yummy desserts you can make for your doll with alittle tender rub.
Forget about your winter blahs. Here are 10 ideas to help make your winter fun.
1. Make a craft, let your creative side flow.
- Snowy Handprint http://www.mypinkplanetblog.com/?p=2224
- Snowflake Tee http://www.mypinkplanetblog.com/?p=2199
- No Sew Pillowcase skirt http://www.mypinkplanetblog.com/?p=1718
- Handbag for your American Girl Doll http://www.mypinkplanetblog.com/?p=1410
- Cool Printouts for your doll http://www.mypinkplanetblog.com/?p=1373
- Eco Friendly Purse http://www.mypinkplanetblog.com/?p=1527
2. Make a yummy chocolate dessert.
- Chocolate lava cake http://www.mypinkplanetblog.com/?p=2172
- Bring the summer indooe with this fun snorkel cake http://www.mypinkplanetblog.com/?p=1595
3. Have a party with your American Girl Doll. Create a winter adventure.
4. Play a game board with the family. There are so many great board games especially the classic such as monopoly, scrabble, life etc….
5. Make personal pizza with the family. Everyone can create their pizza by adding their favorite topping.
6. Watch a movie with the family. Make popcorn and fun treats.
7. Snow games -
- Snowman and or igloo competition
- Hike in the snow
8. Scrapbook – Here’s a great time to gather all those pictures laying around or sitting on your hard drive. Have hours of fun, perfect to reminisce with the family while scrap booking. Makes some hot cocoa with marshmallow to enhance the warm surrounding.
9. Read a great book. This is a perfect time to catch up with a book you have been wanting to read.
10. Have an indoor hawaiian luau - Get your shades, leis hats, anything tropical out and decorate. Play family limbo, make virgin pina coladas, have some beach/pool music playing. Arianna and her cousins did this one year and they had a blast.
Many of the decoartions were handmade from contruction paper and foam color paper. Movies were also played like Wizard of Waverly the movie. Why not get GOTY Kanani book and incorparte her story.
- 1 sheet light blue construction paper
- 1 sheet white copy paper
- Brown acrylic craft paint
- Glue stick
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
How to make it:
- Lay white paper sideways (landscape) and cut the paper in half using a curvy cut. Place paper across the light blue construction paper. Use the glue stick to attach it to the bottom third of the blue paper. Use scissors to trim off any excess white paper.
- Paint child’s palm and fingers with brown paint.
- Have child spread out his/her fingers then press his/her palm and fingers down onto the paper. Wash off child’s hand.
- Use finger to paint on a “tree trunk” under the palm print.
- Use the glue stick to apply glue to the fingers (branches) and snow (white paper). Sprinkle all glued areas with granulated sugar. Carefully lift paper and tap off excess sugar over the sink or a piece of wax paper. 6. Use glue stick to draw dots or small circles onto the blue paper, sprinkle with sugar again and tap off excess.
- Construction paper is perfect for impromptu craft projects.
- Poster paint will work in place of acrylic craft paint.
- Be sure to wash hand with soap and water before continuing with the project so that the paint will come off easily.
Here’s another fun project for you real American girls on thoses indoor winter blues afternoon.
White cotton shirt
Sponge brush (or a new kitchen sponge)
Use a permanent marker to draw a thick-lined snowflake template on the paper, or download ours here.
Place the template over the cardboard and slip both inside the shirt, centering them behind the upper front of the garment. You should be able to see the template through the shirt.
Using a thin line of tacky glue (about 1/4-inch wide), trace the snowflake design onto the shirt. Let it dry for 10 minutes, then fill in any gaps with additional glue. Let the glue dry completely, until it is transparent (approximately 3 hours).
Dip the sponge brush in the paint and dab around the snowflake, completely covering the surrounding area. Use less paint toward the outer edge of the design. Let the paint dry overnight.
Soak the tee in warm water for about 10 minutes or until the glue softens. Peel off the glue and let the shirt dry, then follow the package instructions to set the fabric paint.
You can make a matching tee for your American Girl doll just scale your design down.
Here are some beautiful fun costumes for Real American Girls that Mom and daughter can make together. Click on each pic for how to.
Listen up Real American Girl, here’s a fun project perfect for those rainy days. Transform a pillowcase into a sassy skirt or make a cover up for the beach or pool. Many of us have lots of pillow cases we do not use or if you check your department store clearance, or even Marshalls’ you be surprised what you find. Another idea, if you come across a plain pillowcase, you can tie dye or use fabric markers or paints.
Consider cases that are not see through, but look for ones with decorative edges to unveil a striking hem. If you can find one with decorative hem, check out your mom’s trim but remember to ask her first. One last tip, if the pillowcase is new, you might to pre wash to avoid any shrinkage. Have a blast!
Tailors’ chalk or a pencil
Washable fabric glue (available at craft stores; we used Fabri-Tac glue)
Clear nail polish
45-inch cotton drawstring
1. Decide on the length (one way is to measure the length of a skirt your child likes). Add 1 1/2 inches for a casing to that measurement. Use that total to measure from the open edge of the pillowcase (which will be the hem) and use tailor’s chalk or a pencil and a yardstick to mark a straight line across the case. Cut along the line. Discard the closed end of the pillowcase. Turn the skirt piece inside out.
4. Place cardboard under the pillowcase to protect the ironing board from potential glue spills. Lift the casing and use a small brush to apply washable fabric glue (adult supervision recommended) along the 1/2-inch edge of the casing. (Tip: This is easy if you drape the skirt around the ironing board and rotate it as you go.) Fold the glued edge back down to form the casing. Use your fingers to press it in place. After the glue dries, turn the skirt right side out.
Email us your pics, we love to see your finished art!
Hey Girls! I recieved an email from American Girl, they are planning a big debut for girls and their doll. Starting Tuesday, July 13th for the summer. Girls can learn about American Girl’s all-new virtual world—created just for girls and their dolls! It’s free and open to the public, for girls ages 8 and up and yes there’s AC, lol!
Event details by store
- Atlanta: July 13, 20, 27; August 3, 10, 17
- Boston: July 13, 20, 27; August 3, 10, 17
- Chicago: July 13, 20, 27; August 3, 10, 17; September 3, 7, 10, 24
- Dallas: July 13, 20, 27; August 3, 10, 17
- Denver: July 13, 20, 27; August 3, 10, 17
- Los Angeles: July 13, 20, 27; August 3, 10, 17, 24, 31
- Minneapolis: July 13, 20, 27; August 3, 10, 17
- New York: July 13, 20, 27; August 3, 10, 17
For more special events
And they say the best way to a man’s heart it’s through his belly. Your dad is going to love his cake, especially made by you. Get creative and design your own with colors and patterns. You can omit the tie and create a crew collar with dad’s favorite t shirt. Real American Girls, let your creativity flow.
- 9 x 12 x 2 inch pan
- cake it can be store bought or home made from scratch or a mix
- pastel icing the color of dad’s favorite shirt
- a cardboard shirt box from the dry cleaner or recycle gift box
- wax paper
- tissue paper
- White paper for making a shirt collar into cuffs
- dark frosting for the tie
Don’t forget to send us your pics, we would love to see your creations!
With father’s day just around the corner. Here’s a are two great ideas you can make for your dad. We will start with this adorable puppy pencil holder
What you will need to make this adorable pup
- 4 pinch style wooden clothes pins
- wood glue
- googly eyes
- a pom pom
- a marker
- a pencil
Don’t forget to email us your pics, we would love to see your creations.
Hey Real American Girls out there, check out these cool cord bracelets. What a fun project! You can make yourself a bracelet and a matching one for your doll! Now keep in mind that these materials listed below are American Girl Crafts™ available at Michael’s, a great craft store but I guess you can substitute for other brands. Or, see what supplies you have at home. Have fun! Don’t forget to send us a pic of your fabulous creations.
Choose a color from the Colored Cotton Cording and ask an adult to help you cut 22-inches to 28-inches of cord. The more knots you make in your bracelet, the more cord you’ll need.
Choose a large bead from the Painted Beads. This will be your toggle bead. A toggle is part of the closure to a bracelet.
Fold the length of cord in half. Tie a knot in the folded end to form a loop. Make sure the loop is large enough to fit over the toggle bead.
Begin stringing whatever beads or charms you like onto either strand of the cord, tying both strands together into one knot after each bead.
When the bracelet fits around your wrist, string the toggle bead over one of the cords. Ask an adult to help you tie both cords together in a double-knot above the toggle bead.
Pull the toggle through the loop. Let your style shine!
Note: Use Colorful Beads and Charm Beads to make the red and yellow cord bracelets. Use Painted Beads and Charm Beads to make the purple and green cord bracelets.
Make bracelets for friends or members of your sports team using team colors.
Girl’s here’s an awesome craft project, how to make a great handbag for your doll. We thank Wiki how for this fun craft. So take out those scraps of fabrics, trim and fun bling. Use your imagination and have fun. Email us your pics, we love to see your creations.
Cut from fabric:
- One 3 1/4″ x 2 1/4″ (8.25cm x 5.7cm) rectangle (flap lining)
2. Use your ruler to draw a line 3/4″ (19mm) from the the short edge of the back with flap. Center your piece of trim over line and stitch in place. This step is optional.
3. Sew the flap lining, with the right sides together, to the top of back with flap on the sides that aren’t stitched and top edges. Make sure to attach the flap lining to the side of the back with flap with trim. Sew the front to the bottom of the back with flap in the same manner.
4. Zig-zag stitch through all layers along long sides of back with flap. Trim seam allowance close to zig-zag stitching. This will prevent excessive fraying. Cut off corners close to stitching, turn to the right side and press.
5. Press the long edges of the handles 1/4″ (6mm) to the wrong side. Repeat so that folded edges meet in the middle. Press again so the outside pressed edges meet. Stitch.6. Place the ends of the handle 1/2″ (12.7mm) within the inside of the top of the front and stitch in place.
7. Fold flap down and press. Viola!!!! Enjoy your new doll purse!
I want to thank Yukiro-san for these amazing printouts. Arianna and I had so much with them. Visit their website at http://agdollplace.webs.com/ for more printouts.
What is Chinese new year about?
Chinese New Year is a holiday that celebrates the beginning of a new year according to the lunar calendar. It is considered to be one of the most important holidays for Chinese families. Family gathering, gift giving, symbolic foods, and beautiful colorful festive decorations. In China the celebration last for a month. Some chinese traditions for Chinese New Year are:
1. Clean house from top to bottom. It is believe doing so, will ward off any bad luck in the future and rid of any bad luck from the previous year. The cleaning must be completed by New Year’s eve and ready to recieve good luck in the coming year.
2. Decorating the house . Families hang up posters and signs on doors and windows with the word “FU” written on them. Fu means luck and happiness. Flowers is also another favorites and symbolizes the coming of spring, a new beginning.
3. Family gathering at the table. On New Year’s eve, family visits are common and having a huge dinner. They serve about 8 or nine dishes, partly beacuse of their lucky numbers. The Chinese word for 8 is “baat” prosperity and fortune. nine = longlasting, often used for weddings.
4. Giving good luck gifts is another tradition. Adults hand out to children little red envelopes “hong bao” filled with money. This symbolizes wealth and prosperity for the coming year.
5. Red and gold are lucky colors. Black and white are never worn on Chinese New Year, they bring bad luck during the holiday.
Find out what animal zodiac are you below:
|Western Year||Chinese Year||Date of Chinese New Year||Symbol|
|2007||4704||February 18||Boar (pig)|
Good Luck Goldfish Craft – compliments of Familyfun.com
|Prep Time: Afternoon or Evening|
|What you need:|
|Seasons: New years, Winter|
|Materials: glue, tissue paper|
|1.||To make one, first draw a large goldfish outline with a 1/2-inch-thick border on an 8 1/2- by 11-inch sheet of colored card stock and cut it out. (You can also print a template.)|
|2.||For the scales, fold a 1- by 6-inch strip of colored tissue paper in half 3 times. Leaving the folded sides uncut, trim the paper into a crescent shape, then unfold the paper for a chain of colorful, wavelike shapes. Repeat with as many colors as you like.|
|3.||Next, tape a large piece of plastic wrap to your work surface and slip the fish outline underneath it. Use a paintbrush to spread white glue onto the wrap. Lay the tissue paper strips vertically over the fish, trimming them as needed, overlapping them and alternating colors for a vibrant mix of scales. Gently brush more glue over the tissue paper strips once they’re in place.|
|4.||When you’ve covered the fish, remove the outline from beneath the plastic and set it in place atop the scales. Add more glue for a stronger hold, if necessary. Let the glue dry overnight, then trim the excess tissue paper and plastic wrap from around the fish and hang it in a window.|
Arianna and I love baking especially during the holidays. We are always in search of new cool recipes and ideas. We came across this recipes which we are excited to try out and share with you. We also want to thank AllRecipes staff for sharing. What we found exciting, is that it’s a great replacement for cards and candies. What a fun project for mom and her real american girl.
Checkout the video on how they tweak the original recipes.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 drops red food coloring
- 2 1/4 ounces colored candy sprinkles
- 60 long red vine licorice
- Cream 1 cup butter or margarine and 3/4 cup white sugar together. Blend in egg, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and grated lemon peel. Sift together 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour and baking powder. Add to creamed mixture and blend well. Cover and refrigerate dough for approximately 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Roll dough to 1/4 inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Use a floured heart shaped 1 to 2 inch cookie cutter and cut dough into heart shapes. Place the cut-out hearts on greased cookie sheets.
- Using the drinking straw, make a hole at the top center of each heart before baking. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes until very lightly browned. Cool the cookies on a wire rack.
- To Make Butter Frosting: Mix 3 cups confectioners’ sugar and 1/3 cup butter together. Stir in 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract and 2 tablespoons milk. Beat until smooth making sure frosting is of spreading consistency. Stir in food coloring to create a pink or red colored frosting, if desired.
- After cookies have cooled, frost and decorate them with nonpareils, sprinkles, dragees, or colored sugar. Use a toothpick to dislodge the hole, if necessary. Let the frosting dry.
- To make a necklace, tie the ends off of two pieces of red colored licorice with a knot. Thread it through the hole at the top center of the cookie. Tie the other ends off with another knot to create a “chain.” Makes approximately 30 heart necklaces.
Prep Time: 35 Min / Cook Time: 7 Min / Ready In: 2 Hrs 42 Min
American Girl is giving a free goody bag to the first 100 girls in line starting January 1, 2010 continuing that weekend. During this weekend there will be great activities such as hands on crafts and fun prizes and best an introduction to the new GOTY. Check out the location nearest you:
Event details by store
- Atlanta: January 1
- Boston: January 1
- Chicago: January 1
- Dallas: January 1
- Los Angeles: January 1
- Minneapolis: January 1
- New York: January 1
Get to Meet the Author Jane Kurtz, the award-winning author of our Girl of the Year 2010 books. Here is your chance if possible to meet her in person and have your book signed. This event is free and open to the public at the locations listed.
These lap desk has been a great favorite with our tween fans. They come in cool colors and designs. They are perfect for writing letters, homework, reading and pratical to take anywhere including long car rides and sleep overs. Our painted wooden lap desk are colorful and vibrant and includes a removeable plush pillow, zippered storage pocket and a choice of 26 designs. The dimensions are 17 3/4″ W x 12″H. This makes a great gift!
For the crafty girl, we also offer the DIY wooden lap desk with a detachable soft plush cushion and zippered storage pocket- now comes ready for your girl to decorate! Includes four rub on glue sheets, four sheets of rub on foil, three tubes of glitter, a sheet of jewels, a plastic application stick and directions. Available in three colors, Pink, Turquoise and Purple. These lap desk are available in our girly boutique at My Pink Planet.com
Here are some darling crafts that you and you child can make for Mother’s Day.
Courtesy of Martha Stewart Living. I just love her crafts!
Colorful flowers floating between squares of glass make beautiful and useful coasters. Press the flowers yourself, or use prepressed blooms. Although we used pansies and violas, you can use any variety of pressed flowers or leaves you like; a collection of coasters is even more charming if each one is unique.
Tools and Materials Needed:
Glass squares (two for each coaster)
Pressed pansies, or other flowers or leaves
Non-water-based clear-drying craft glue
3 1/2-inch toothpick or small paintbrush
1/4-inch-wide silvered-copper-foil tape
Pencil or ice pop stick
Pressed Pansy Coasters How-To:
1. Have a glazier cut 1/8-inch-thick glass into 3 1/2-inch squares, and sand the edges.
2. Wipe the panes carefully with glass cleaner and a paper towel. Be careful not to smudge the glass or trap any dust between panes while you work.
3. Handling the flowers carefully with tweezers, position them on one pane until you are satisfied with your arrangement. Using a tiny dab of glue on a toothpick or small paintbrush, adhere the flowers to the pane. Allow glue to dry before continuing.
4. Carefully place a second pane on top, sandwiching the flowers between the two panes and aligning the edges exactly.
5. To seal, hold the panes together with binder clips, moving the clips from one side to another as you tape. Place the end of the metal tape along an edge of the glass, and wrap the tape around the entire perimeter. Overlap the ends slightly, then snip the tape with scissors.
6. For a tight seal, rub the tape thoroughly until the edge is smooth, using the side of a pencil or ice pop stick as a burnishing tool.
7. If necessary, clean the coasters with a soft cloth or paper towels and glass cleaner. Do not submerge coasters in water; the tape does not produce a watertight seal.
Mother’s Day Coupon Book
Moms, these are great for Breakfast in bed, luxious day of pampering, Clearing the table, vacumning, or my favorite “I (child)WILL clean my room without asking.” lol!
I love these! I get to enjoy them after Mother’s day, so the holiday goes on.
Mother’s Day coupon template
Colored card stock
1. Download and print our Mother’s Day coupon template onto colored card stock.
2. Create perforated left- and right-hand edges: Lay the ruler on the line where the coupon and the bind meet, and use a tracing wheel (usually used for pattern making), to scribe the edge of the coupon. Roll the tool along the ruler edge three or four times, creating the perforation. Repeat for remaining side.
3. Using a mat knife, cut out the coupons. Make sure to leave the tab on the left-hand side of the coupon for the bind.
4. Bind the coupons together: Stack coupons on top of one another, and using a hole punch, make two holes in the binding. Thread and tie a 1/4-inch-wide piece of ribbon to bind the booklet. Write in your redeemable gifts by hand.
- 18 inch doll clothes (124)
- American Girl Dolls (132)
- Animals / Pets (9)
- Arianna's Book Review (1)
- Crafts (46)
- Games (9)
- Girl's Decor (2)
- Holiday (27)
- latest craze with our tween fans (8)
- My Pink Planet Contest / Giveaways (45)
- My Pink Planet Coupons (2)
- New Products (64)
- Product Review (1)
- Promotions – My Pink Planet (22)
- Real American Girls (87)
- Real American Girls Birthdays (5)
- Recipes (17)
- Uncategorized (17)
- Wordless Wednesday (38)